I don't normally send out a lot of Christmas cards. However, I will be sending out a few this year. I got several free ones in the mail from a charity that I gave money to in the past and will be using them. This includes sending a card out to a friend, a former acquaintance I guess, who lives in Washington state. We corresponded for quite a few years in the past and I quit writing her after she got married. I didn't think that was okay but do regret that now. She was in the Navy and I met her at journalist school and ran into her a few times after that, whilc I was in the Navy and after I got out. She sent me her family newsletter last year. It didn't mean a lot because I lost track of her several years ago but she noted in her last family newsletter that she had a great year. I hope she sends me another card this year.
It's really too bad that we might have to stop sending Christmas cards altogether in the future. With the post office losing money, that could happen. Especially bad if I keep getting free Christmas cards from charities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment