Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Holiday shopping
This year I'm going to continue a tradition that I have been following for several years. I will get Christmas gifts for the younger family members (under 18) and will give money to charity in honor of other family members. I have firmly embraced the belief that Christmas is for kids. It's difficult and extraneous to buy presents for the adults in my extended family. They are all working and I would have no idea what to get them. Besides, there are many many needy people in the world that should not be forgotten this time of year. I can't help all of them but can do my small part to lessen their unfortunate circumstances. It also occured to me many years ago how difficult it is to buy presents for others. I have no idea what that other person wants. They don't really need anything I can give them. I would only hope that maybe they would make a donation to charity on my behalf. Something to help others with disabilities. If you Google that phrase, I'm sure that there are many worthwhile charities out there. Merry Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment