Thursday, April 23, 2009

Life, work, etc.

This is my initial blog. My younger brother inspired me to start this, he has been blogging for some time now. I hope to be creative, a little funny, maybe impart some wisdom that others never realized. First, a little about me. I live in Virginia and work for the local community services board. I just finished working there 10 years, which is the longest I've been in one job my whole life. I was also in the Navy for about 8 years and had a lot of fun doing that. I work as a residential counselor with clients who are diagnosed with mental illness. The job is pretty enjoyable, sometimes unpredictable, and it's rewarding helping other people.
As life progresses, it's amazing how you realize how fast time goes by when you get older. I'm not ready to retire yet but will have to start taking money out of my IRA in several years. I'm hoping the stock market will recover so that I can get back the money I lost (along with millions of other Americans) last year. My greatest hope now is that all of those who lost their jobs will find prosperity as quickly as possible. I've been fortunate to be able to have a stable job since 1999 and hope others less fortunate will get the same prosperity in the very near future. For now, this is everything I want to opine at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment