Friday, April 24, 2009

Going to the dentist

I had my six month check up at the dentist today. It went well, no cavities, no problems noted. I am lucky. Truth be told, I could be doing a lot better when it comes to proper oral hygiene. I don't floss every day and need to brush more often. The hygienist said it must be good genes. I have had a couple of root canals and a bridge over a tooth that got infected with no bone structure and had to be removed. My biggest observation when it comes to having people poke and clean inside your mouth is: why do some words mean the same thing? I could have calculus, that buildup on your teeth. It's also the bane of a lot of high school and college students. I flunked pre (basic?) calculus in college and math is very much an enegma to me. One could also have tartar in their mouth, which is not good. But, if you have tartar sauce, it's very tasty on fish. Oh well, I wonder if Daniel Webster ever saw a dentist and if he really liked studying math. If his dentist told him he had calculus, Danny probably smiled and said "Hey I like that!"

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you aren't alone about flunk Pre-Calculus. I flunked the course at Gallaudet University and switch to Computer Information System (CIS). CIS didn't required any Calculus courses. Calculus was required for Computer Science. So don't feel bad about that.

    ReplyDelete