Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Worrying about the weather
I managed to dodge most of the damage from Irene. I remember well what Isabelle did in my area eight years ago. It formed off of the coast of Africa and headed to the Virginia coast. Now, I heard that there's another one that formed off the coast of Africa. Will that one ring our bell, too, or will we be luckier this time? I'm not big into meterology; I can't tell you the difference between El Nina, El Nino, although I do know what an El nincompoop is although that has nothing to do with hurricaines. It's been a really bad year for weather, tornados in the South, hot air and fires in Texas. Makes you wonder if this isn't some of the signs of the Apocolypse. After all, the Aztecs predicted that the world will end on a December day next year, but if they were so astute, whatever happened to them? The only Aztecs we have now are the ones affiliated with San Diego State University and I don't think that the majority of the faculty and student body walks around dressed as them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment