Sunday, April 18, 2010

Death of a mouse?

I have a mouse in my house, I think it's a louse, but whatever it is it's a lousy intruder. It's small and brown and I've seen it running around. I spied it three times, the last one running into a closet in the living room last night. I put out a mouse trap but it didn't take the bait. Then, I came up with an idea. I got two boards and a picture I wasn't using and blocked the outside of the closet. About half an hour later, I heard this scratching sound. Whatever it is was stuck inside the closet. I went online and found out that a mouse in a calm environment can live about 12 days; it it's under stress than it will last 2-3 days. Good! Maybe I'll smell the fumes from a rat (or a mouse, a good deceased one) by Tuesday or Wednesday, then it will be gone forever, that is after I unceremoniously sweep it into a dust pan and toss it's habeus corpse out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment